Tuesday, January 22, 2008

PowerScrap - cut the crap!

This new year, I received 100s of new year wishes. How much I wish at least one was for me!
The fact that you can send same scrap to all the people in your friendlist at one go, and you do, makes me think that you are some really lazy bugger, who is caught between scared of being neglected by people and hence wants to make his/her prsence felt, and simultaneously not caring enough to be personal and direct.
I know you are busy, and you dont really have the time for me but why do you have to tell me that on my face? You are putting a long esteemed relationship, an acquaintance, someone you have not even met and someone who just happens to be in your friendlist, all on the same page. I might be anyone of these to you, but then, someone or the other might have been the one with whom you had a long relationship!
A scrap is an impersonal thing, so far detached. Just like an SMS! You have not wished me well, not even thought about me. I get a scrap because I happen to be in your friendlist. Because I exist, not because I matter!
It is not me that I am talking about. It very well could have been anyone of those who read this, and those who don't.
And just to make the matters worse:
I had a very good friend who passed away in a road accident. I do visit his profile once in a while. The last time I was there, I saw this: 'Wishing you and your family a very happy new year - Poweescrap".
Yes, he needs this wish, in heaven. His family will also have a great year ahead without him! Thank you! I am very sorry that he cannot reply your (s)crap so I am saying thank you on his behalf. Thanks for remembering him!

Next time you use the mass scrapping thing, just remember that you could have hurt someone by wishing him/her well!

3 comments:

Pranav Sharma said...

reasonable and outwittingly straightforward

Unknown said...

this is for all his posts.
he has a remarkably unique style of writing. all his posts are very interesting and makes you eagerly wait for another one to be posted. someone if not interested in reading his post, if just goes through 2 or 3 lines, will surely be bounded to go through the whole article. looking forward for more from you......

silhouette said...

i know. i never reply to them. its the most thoughtless way to communicate anything.