Friday, September 14, 2007

ramblings after the end sems! and playing 'losing my religion'

It has been a term, 3 months and the days have flown by! I will not say it is all fairy tale 'coz it is not!
"It has been an extra ordinary journey" Ha! That is one learning that I have, in last three months, and that is to shy away from superlatives. Life is ordinary! It is the people that make it extra ordinary! :-)
No, I am not in the oxymoronic state that I would revert to using superlatives immediately after dismissing them! It is just the kind of statements that you get so used to, things that are so heavy on the ears and the mind, and sit below the tree in the comfort of rising smoke and the warm darkness and you would see that these words are so meaning less! (So is this post! Why are you still reading it?)
You hear of competitiveness so often that you loath the fact that you ever competed to get here! You hear of relative grading that you might puke when someone says,"is he your relative?' (Okay, I am stretching it a bit too far, but I dont care!)
You see personalities and how much you would yearn to see human beings! Human being, I always find this word funny! What is more important, the being part or the human part? When you try to be human, to do you really 'be' and when you want to 'be' dont you sell the the human part? Yes, I know there have been saints and all, but it is not about them, its about you and, hang on, its not even about you, its about me!
But what it is about me? Why does it have to be? And even in case there is, why do you have to be a party to it?
I am not insulting you or trying to prove anything, but this is incoherent, illogical and it is written precisely to be that!
So many times, we try to make the sense and we fail! Ever wondered what sense the gibberish of a child makes? But then, isn't it the most comforting thing to hear!(One of the most comforting things, I must say. Another comforting thing that I like to hear is that there are sweets in the menu today! WH mess sweets rock!)
Ever seen the smoke that rises from the ciggeratte. It touches you, runs on your face, and rises up, as if it touches every pore of yours, and then dissolves in your blood. Then when you just let your head fall back, you spiral through your own thoughts, trying to hold on to a thought and then follow logic and make some sense!
Making sense! NONSENSE!!!
Coming back to being and living( see, it is so much well woven into the thought process that you try and 'make' some sense when all you are you doing is 'not making sense'!), ever wondered what it would be to pass through a day, not living it? A day which gives you no joy, no sorrow, no heart breaks and no memories! Hmm, may be a day like that would be a souvenir in itself!
May be, some day I will climb at the top of a mountain and watch the clouds having an affair with the peaks( another example that the things on top have very 'volatile' relationships) and just reflect! crib and dissect, dissect and crib, in whichever order.
And that brings me back to REM:
Every Whisper
Of every waking hour
I am choosing my confessions!!

Good night Abhishek, sleep!! The fucking majors are over!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A highly self-conscious, satiric, kind of pseudo-philosophical cathartic outburst.
P.S : Did writing it really help?

Anonymous said...

Hey..i wonder the first comment is from same Nistha... :)

I loved it..i mean u understand me what am trying to imply....